View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
not using the fuel charge yet but soon will be.

it is going to go over fine with my clients. they are already aware of it. they like it because it keeps me from raising prices. and if gas would not hit the $4 a gallon mark or as soon as it would go under $4 a gallon again no fuel charge.

but for me it has to stay $4 a gallon for 2 weeks or more out of the month for me to use the fuel charge. otherwise i'm not gonna bother.
I like your idea; but what if the gas goes up to $5 or $5.50? Maybe on your letter that is going out to customers it needs to say a higher percentage if $5-$6 for more than 2 wks during that month?

It's kinda amazing that these customers dont care though---with low ballers out there working for rates that compete with the neighbor boy!! I had one guy that I obtained from a buy out and he was paying $25; and it was a small yard and we had the one across the street so two can be done at the same time....I told him since we had the one across the street we could keep the price the same...he says "well if you got the one across the street then why cant I pay $20 instead?" I told him "because I am not the neighbor kid mowing your lawn...I am rolling up with $40,000 in equipment". I dont care if that sounds rude--he was rude. In my mind I said I wouldnt be back to do it--but talked to his wife and she is nice--and apologized for her husband. (he was trying to get my spring clean up price chopped in half when she already agreed to it and work was done)

Page generated in 0.04409 seconds with 7 queries