View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnfingers View Post
If that's the Exmark Quest SP from 2010 it's got the B&S Vanguard engine, the 3100 hydraulics and a 5" fabricated deck. It's the equivalent of this years Quest Pioneer S series at a $1000 (or more) savings.
I really like the Vanguard engines. I had one on my BadBoy, however 18.6 hours really does not give me enough time to judge the engine on longevity and reliability, but from what time I did use the machine, the engine was strong and had plenty of power.

The only thing I did not like about the Vanguard was that it really liked to be really warm before it would engage the blades on the deck. The thing would just stall out at half throttle when it was cold. I don't think I have ever had a mower just stall out when engaging the blades at half throttle? cold or not! I really don't like to engage blades at high RPM's, I heard and assume that it is bad for the clutch. The Vanguard also seemed to use more gas than other engines I have had. It seemed to get a little better as time went on, but that engine was defiantly more thirsty than some of the engines I have owned!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Page generated in 0.04499 seconds with 7 queries