View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno77 View Post
The 2010 Quest was delivered last night for my demo, but with all this rain we have been getting I decided not to turn my regular yard into a mud pit. Instead I mowed a 1 acre side lot I have. This lot is twice as rough as my regular lawn and not as well maintained, like a farm pasture. Anyway I mowed the acre in 35 min and the grass was wet and soil was muddy but I wanted to see the limits of the machine. It never once stalled or bogged down I was mowing full speed without hesitation. I double checked it has the the Brigg Extended Life Series 22hp engine on it not the Vanguard. My dilemma is this do I trust in the Briggs engine or bump up to the Pioneer E Series and get a 22hp Kawasaki?
The question is, do you want to spend the money? Is the Vanguard a better engine? YES. The Briggs will last you many years. I have had lots of Briggs engines in mowers and tractors and they all faired well. I was going to buy a Scag Freedom Z with a 27hp Briggs ELS engine, but went with a smaller Hustler and got a 17hp Kohler single cylinder engine and it was solid for 3 years.

There is a dealer on here that sells BadBoys and he says that the Briggs engines are really doing well and he talks customers into the Briggs ELS. If you want to talk with him, his screen name is RetroDog. PM him and he can help you decide on a engine. Here is his contact info http://www.lawnsite.com/member.php?u=53955
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Last edited by Capemay Eagle; 04-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.04205 seconds with 7 queries