View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnTamer View Post
I would also argue that the Plugr style aerator actually breaks up the soil more than a drum style machine. On some soils, I kid you not, you can see the ground roll behind the machine. Take a drum aerator over wet soil, (no sod) and it looks like a reverse of the drum-tine pattern, holes all in a row, take a Plugr over bare soil, and it looks like its been roto-tilled.
Yes...very true. The hydro plugr 850/855 have the added advantage of using the hydro front drive as a brake to really pulverize the soil to the point of the turf layer actually lifting up and off the ground. Tough to explain but easy once experienced. Plugrs are an ideal tool for renovations And over seeding. It seems when ever someone is getting out of the renvation business a Lawn Solutions seeder and plugr 850 are both for sale at the same time. EBay, lawnsite etcetera.

I belive the plugr 800 and 600 are as equally as slow. My plugr 850 is a Tad faster than the lawn solutions WB 21 and it has a wider effective path and can make much quicker hard and quick 90 degree turns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03805 seconds with 7 queries