Thread: Idiots!
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
I was driving about 45mph down a main road with a sidewalk. I was pulling my fully loaded trailer.

I begin to drive past a small strip mall when all of a sudden 2 highschool kids intentionally ran right in front of me!
All I could do was honk at them, I slowed down, but it would have been almost impossible to stop.

they got away fine, but it shook me up a bit

Just one of the downsides to being a high school student, you get to be stereotyped and associated with all the drug addicts, lazy, stupid bums your age.

Anything like this happen to you guys?

It's not just teenagers you have to look out for. Kids play ball in and near the street all the time. I don't want to see one of them coming after the ball in front or near me coming down the street.
I had a kid years ago riding a dirt bike come up a bank and into the street without seeing me. I happen to hear it and slowed down enough to get stopped when his front tire topped the bank into the road. He was as scared as I was.
We have to be very alert at all times and a loaded trailer makes it even harder to get stopped.This is the reason I installed SSB brakes all the way around my truck. If I had larger rims I would put the 6 piston calipers on it too.

Page generated in 0.04738 seconds with 7 queries