Thread: Tax help!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
DavesLL DavesLL is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 48
Best thing would be to check around your local area for a CPA or other small mom-and-pop type accounting firm. Make some calls and inquire about rates; pick someone and roll in. Bring your records and whatever you've managed to maintain in the way of books.

They will organize your accounting data properly, and if they're good they'll ask you some questions about what you think / have projected your rest of the year to look like income wise. Then they should be able to advise you how to plan your finances. Don't be afraid to ask questions; you're paying them for their help.

If you don't want or need your records fixed up, then you can probably pay less by simply going to a tax office (HR Block, Jackson Hewitt, etc...) and sitting down for an hour or two to ask and have questions answered. Now that it's past tax-season, a lot of the folks who'll be manning these offices right now will be accountants anyway. If you go this route, be prepared with your finances to-date, and what you're projecting assuming the rest of the year goes as you expect.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04154 seconds with 8 queries