View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
Bobcat Fastcat Pro 52"...in The Wild.

Greetings everyone. I've been lurking and reading here for several weeks in my quest to "upgrade" my 1995 AYP 42"/18hp B&S lawnmower. There is plenty of good information here, and I thank everyone for their contributions as I shopped around in my anal-retentive ways.

I wanted to stay around $5k, and my first choice was the Husqvarna MZ6128. The 23" rear tires and the 13" front tires would be excellent on the somewhat bumpy terrain I mow on. Loved this mower overall, but had to pass due to the fact that I store my mower in part of my basement, and the door opening is 64" - which would've left only 1.5" total on the mower deck edges. After much deliberation about this, I passed - even though I never got to test drive one.

Although the price was higher than I wanted to spend, I also strongly considered the Hustler Fastrak 54". This thing drove great - stick action was smooth, and the 13" front tires and standard ROPS were a plus.
The negatives
Nice Bobcat! I had posted earlier in this thread that Bobcat was a great mower along with being reasonable priced! Allot of commercial guys that have these love em! Great cut, well built and priced well! Good luck with it!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 7 queries