View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Thoughts on Equipment to start

I am a 25 yr old father of two girls who are having a hard time with dad working out of town. While making good money I am wanting to purchase equipment now before quit my job so that I have lower operating cost. Will be getting insured and licensed and maybe fertilization license. I have 2 semesters until I finish an associates in business management(just fyi). I am a proud owner of a 2010 Scag Turf Tiger 48" (150 hrs)that I bought from wife's Grandmothers who just let her business go. I have a heavily used echo backpack blower that I plan to replace with two Stihl models so me and an employee can do fall cleanup faster. At the moment I own a Husq 224L which is the 4-stroke model. I love it around my 5 acre property but not sure what the pros (you all) have to say about them. I would like two of them and one Stihl edger but I am hessitant about the 4 strokes for fear of someone putting wrong gas in them. Have a 21" JD WB and a Toro 21" WB with honda moter that I would replace later.Any thoughts and constructive critisism are very welcome. Also thinking about 12-14' enclosed trailer. Want all equipment paid for at one time right before I start in cash.

Last edited by Want_to_mow; 05-24-2011 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

Page generated in 0.04329 seconds with 7 queries