View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=topsites;4055111]Unfortunately Restro we're old school, things have changed drastically in the past years, where have you been?
Not to be a wise guy but let me see if I can clue you in...

You see, people today have to take an entire day OFF from work just to CALL the help line!
And it should go without saying but the reason they have to take a day off to call a help line is because doing that COULD take ALL day!

But today this is the norm, folks nowadays take time off from work to call people about a problem with something they paid money for.
Which isn't to say they're not risking being fired over it but they apparently put up with it, probably mostly because of the issue of choice (as in, we have none).

I did take the whole day off since I did not know just how long I would be on hold for. And I wanted to get to the bottom of it. Unlike most people I am not worried about taking time off from my job. I have close to 1500 hours of time off accrued, and earn 280 hours each year. My boss has no problem with me calling in since it only happens a few days a year at most.

Now...

Well, there's your problem, Kohler already went to bat for you once and now you expect it again and I am sorry but
your problem can not be diagnosed over the phone.

I had called Exmark and then Kohler to try and make sure it was the clutchy and find out how to remove it without damaging it. After 11 years of being on there it was on there good. The Exmark people missed the boat totally but at least they took their time and tried to help. The Kohler guy was just no help and had no idea what he was talking about.

More than likely it's not blown, but you need to take it to a qualified service technician.
And be prepared, it might cost more than $50, probably 2, 3, 4, 500, I don't know, maybe more.

It was the PTO clutch. I bought a new one on the way into work today and will install tonight.

Page generated in 0.04432 seconds with 7 queries