View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Thanks for all the input. The seller stated they had a local equipment company (the original reseller) provide them with an estimated value approximately 700 above what they are asking. Naturally I figured it best to confirm that, although I suspected it wasn't unreasonable. I know new these priced about $7700. With the low hours and very light use I figured what they are asking is fair. I did check it out last night, that B&S motor sounds nice! I'm not generally a fan of B&S, but I have to admit I was impressed with the way this one sounds.
I don't have any real-world experience with this kind of ZTR mower, but did help a friend one summer with his lawn care business, so I'm pretty good with a walker. (His whole fleet was Scags) so, yeah, the reduction in time was my main interest. I've been cutting that 2 1/2 acres with a 48" Craftsman lawn tractor, and man, it just takes all day. I have to figure I'll be able to polish off my main areas in just a little over an hour with a 61" ZTR rider. Lord, I'm gonna be takin' all KINDS of naps!
The Vanguard engine is a joint venture with Daihatsu and Briggs. I had the same engine on my BadBoy CZT 42" I recently sold. The engine was smooth and plenty of power and as you said, it sound really good!! I do wonder if it may be a bit underpowered for a 60" deck, but I think you would be fine. It would be nice to hear from someone that has owned or owns this machine to get an idea of the power in the tall grass.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Stihl BG55 handheld blower
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Page generated in 0.04217 seconds with 7 queries