View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's all this'll be used for (gly). It's a 3.8gpm pump. I'm guessing I'll lose some pressure at the gun. But, I don't know if that's important (or not?). I've got my place here; my in-laws; and 2 industrial sites I service that I could use it on. I bought the unit to spray my food plots (traditional bowhunter).

Speaking of calibrating, I have a total noob question....

If we're JUST talking gly.....and, they give me the rate of 2% to shoot for.....is calibration even necessary (for boom spraying)? I ran water through it, tonight, on my driveway.....trying to get an idea of how much is applied at differing speeds. Being totally new to all this, I was surprised at how slow I had to go to get what "I" feel like is adequate coverage. Now, again...I could be wrong (easily). But, at anything over a crawl, I don't see even my unit (which was pretty much the top of the line ATV unit) being precise enough (at least with the tips that come with it) to utilize on the type of residential properties I service (for chem. apps.). IF I get into this game, I'll invest in a spreader/sprayer. I'll know, next week (hopefully), if it's in my cards.

Page generated in 0.03834 seconds with 7 queries