View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Time to Get Serious

Hey all,

I've been browsing your site quite a bit recently, too much good information. I just moved into a home that has been vacant for 4 years, with 5.5 acres (mostly wooded) that have not been maintained for 15 yrs! It's covered in buck thorn and other assorted nasty varieties of vegetation. I've been clearing brush with a machette. I haven't even scratched the surface and I'm about ready to use it on myself!

I am in desperate need of a quality string trimmer/ brush cutter combo on a tight budget. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of machines available and would appreciate your professional guidance. I started looking at the new 21.1cc Tanaka/Hitachi units, but I'm guessing that they're probably under-sized for my needs. I stumbled across the Tanaka TCG31EBSLP brush cutter, which seems to offer a lot more for the money (30.8cc vs 21.1cc, comes with blade vs. $60 accesory...). I need a unit that can be a good line trimmer 75% of the time, but have no problem switching to an effective brush slinging machine. Any experience with this machine or any other recommendations?

I live close to a metro area, so dealer support for most brands is not an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

GDub

Page generated in 0.04315 seconds with 7 queries