View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Concrete Pond Construction Tips

Hello,

I've been in the landscaping business for the last 5 years and before that I was a laborer for a large concrete contractor.

I have done a number of fountains with fiberglass ponds or rubber liners but I recently had my best customer ask me about building a fountain out of poured concrete.

Does anyone have any links/how-to's/pictures of concrete fountain pools that you've built?

The fountain will be a circle- 14' diameter by roughly 18" deep. My thought is to form it up, lay up some nice steel and pour it with a 3500 psi fiber-reinforced concrete, then let it cure for a month and coat it with CIM 1000.

A few question:
- I'm in MN, so I'm planning on pouring footings under the round outside walls to frost depth (48"). Should I pour an X foundation under the floor in the center for added support? Or, can that just be a slab on grade?

- Do you recommend doing this as a monlithic pour? Or, pouring the foundation first, stubbing rebar, then pouring the wall and floor? If monolithic, any tips/hints on forming this up to make it easy?

- Any other tips/articles/posts/thought would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Mike

Page generated in 0.04197 seconds with 7 queries