View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Kubota shmota.

The Yanmar's that Deere has always used are as good as, or better than any diesel engine made. Period. I doubt they'll part ways with them any time soon. I'd take one over any Kubota any day. I have owned several, and still have one, and have never had a problem of any kind whatsoever with any of them. They are extremely dependable engines.

I believe that mowerbrad is right about them (Deere) testing the waters to see what response they'll get with these new Kohlers. they didn't even have them listed on their site last week. I was looking around at all their new fo '11 mowers and tractors, and not any mention of the Kohler cominng was made anywhere that I saw.
Kubota diesel engines are the best on the market in their class period everyone knows this. Why do you think there are so many other companies using Kubota diesel engines in their equipment. Grasshopper, Bobcat loaders, Scag Mowers, and I know I am missing a lot more. I have nothing against a yanmar at all I have owned a few yanmar tractors and they are good machines.
Kubota W5021 Commercial
Exmark Metro 21
Stihl SG 20
Stihl FS 110 R
Stihl FS 55 R
Stihl MS 290
Stihl HS 45
Husqvarna 123L
Husqvarna 356BT
Echo Pas 225
McLane Edger
7 X 14 Smith Built Trailer