Thread: Website Hosting
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

I've seen some good hosting providers mentioned above. May I say what would work good for anyone who's not in web design and web hosting business?

I'd recommend anyone to use middle-sized web hosts that have a good business record. the reason to say "middle-sized" is that you'd might not get resolution on many issues which look to be easy to resolve if you have to deal with a large provider/ Employees there do not make decisions. They follow procedures only. last year I needed to call 10 times a Canadian domain registrar to unlock and bring up a domain name. They locked it and hijacked it only because there was a wrong zip code in the registrant's contacts. The website was down for 5 days because, despite being very big, the company just didn't have 24/7 support (a standard in this industry) and no one took responsibility to resolve issue. On top of these there were holidays in Canada. So the business gone for 5 days!

Most web hosting providers do not register with BBB so you'd just go an search by their hame is Google or any other Search engine. Hope that this helps!

Page generated in 0.04173 seconds with 7 queries