View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capetrees View Post
I don't know where Kiril got the idea that it was perched water or that his pic is exactly what's happening but I'm sticking with my solution, simple and cheap. It looks to be a shady compacted soil area that needs to be aerated, seeded and fertilized
The pic I posted was to demonstrate the soil conditions on a site with the exact same muddy, swamp like, saturated soil conditions when too much water is added.

The explanation of conditions by the OP of how the soil/site reacts when irrigated/rained on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman512 View Post
The grass for now is green, but the soil looks and feels like you're in a swamp. The irrigation system to that section has been turned off. It is extremely muddy and when mowing over, there are tire marks left.
Quote:
I actually shut off that particular zone. Funny thing, it has been pretty warm and try here for a week, BUT as soon as there is water, back to the same problem....
Quote:
There is no spring underneath there. We actually confirmed this via the DEC for another reason. No low lying area, there is a pitch to the rear. I'm thinking just POOR drainage, the ground seems really compact.
Quote:
Also, the water does NOT puddle there are at all. The is a slight pitch towards the rear of the lawn.
Are we clear where I got my "ideas" cape?

Last edited by Kiril; 07-05-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.04264 seconds with 7 queries