View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
1) Always turn towards uncut grass

exmark rep probably should have been more diplomatic, than just blurting out your mowing wrong. Their is really no wrong

It depends on what you want it to look like when done, if you don't care then is their really is no right or wrong way to mow.
He defended his statement by saying that, when turning towards the uncut side your wasting time because the mower has to travel further to back up and get aligned for the next pass. I fired back by arguing the point that it doesn't matter which way you turn, you still have to go through the same motions to mow...

I agree with the last part of your response, there really is no "right/wrong" way to mow. I guess the point to the argument would be, what's the most efficient way to do it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Depends what's on the outside of the square...if it's a driveway, steep bank, woods, parking lot, house, mulch bed, etc all determines which way I want my chute pointing when I turn. I think it's faster to just cut to the left with the chute blowing out, but if I'm trying to keep the grass in the area, then I'll turn right, back up, and continue.
For the sake of this Poll lets just say the entire perimeter is bordered by a street. I brought up this point to the rep and his solution to this was, "make 3 perimeter passes then". Who does this....???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post
Agreed
Posted via Mobile Device
Ditto

Page generated in 0.05044 seconds with 7 queries