View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi buddy - I just sent you the two ISU aerator videos. (If you did not receive them, please let me know)

Don't know about % of physical effort. But the XT5 is about the same as using a self-propelled lawn mower. If I were using the XT5, I would make make a perimeter pass & then go in "circles" to eliminate "making passes" (even though you easily could).

Not sure if the 2 weights come with the 24" XT5, cuz we used TURFCO's "payment plan". The XT5 has only 2 weights compared to the 4 weights that Lawn Solution requires to pull decent plugs.

We had two LS aerators, but their plug depth sucked. So we sold one & kept one. Our LS units came with only one weight, and they only pulled one-inch plugs at best. Then we e-mailed & called several times trying to order extra weights.....no response (we were desprate) After weeks of trying, we finally were able to get some guy on the phone. He said we needed 2 more weights on top, and another weight in the front. I thought -- okay, that's cool. But after MONTHS went by with no aerator weights, I posted on lawnsite. Soon after that, David replied via lawnsite.com saying my "credibility" was sh$t. Meanwhile, we were still waiting for our weights. Bottom line: It took damn near a half a year to get our LS weights. Then to top it off, Lawn Solutions shipped each of the 3 extra weights "separately". This was a total ripoff cuz we were charged UPS shipping for each individual weight.

Folks probably think the Lawn Solutions units & the TURFCO units look alike. I agree, but there are several significant differences regarding design.

here's my little 2 cents >> At first I thought it was "low rent" for a company to copy the exact "color" of competitor's equipment. But when they went so far as to copy technology (U.S patents), that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I hope they become accountable. Kinda like Dupont & Imprellis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Larry - hope you had a good time at the field trials. I could not make it down....being solo still too much to do to take a total day off.
Thanks for the update on the XT5.....I am going to make my call to order soon.
Here is what I want to know: how much is physical effort reduced %wise over using a std unit like a Ryan? 50% less effort? More/less?
Also, does the XT5 come with the weights when you buy one?

Also, feel free to shoot those vids to my e-mail address - you have it.

DA

Page generated in 0.04131 seconds with 7 queries