View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysquirrel View Post
Bballkid42,

Is there a reason why you want a 48" or 52"? I was moving from a 48" walkbehind and originally considered a 52" because I thought the 61" was too big. After doing a demo on the lawns that I cut the 61" was fine. With the wider deck I can cut faster and it has a larger deck overhang which is helpful with trimming. The 61" only cost $200 more than the 52" which was a small price for a big difference in cut width. Also in my area the 61" is the most desirable size which helps with resale down the road.

Just something to consider.
A lot of the yards I have are small enough that a 61" mower would be too big for them, the striping would look better and save me time but there are also yards that have fenced in areas where only a 48" could fit through and no way a 61" could get in, which now just leaves the 61" sitting on the trailer. Right now I have only a few yards would the 61" would help significantly right now and for me that's not enough to pull the trigger on a 61", maybe after I got some more accounts where I could benefit from it.
48" Exmark Metro WB
Stihl Blower
Stihl Straight Shaft Trimmer
Toro 21" Push Mower
10 ft. Landscaping Trailer

Page generated in 0.03916 seconds with 7 queries