View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee View Post
You can contact your Department of State (or go online) and they will tell you exactly what you need to become a legal operation. If you go LLC (smart) you will need to file your articles of organization. Here in NY, it cost me 200 dollars. I then had to run an ad in two local papers. The ad is generic and the county clerk will tell you what they need to say. Thats about it for becoming a company as far as I remember. As far as insurance goes, it will vary from area to area. I pay 760 every six months for a million dollar liability policy, but I have coverage for me to leave the ground (roof cleaning, tree trimming, exterior lighting) and for plowing.
As far as taxes go, I just charge the tax rate on the bill and hand everything to my office manager (hot ass wife) and she does the quickbooks and then everything goes to an accountant.

Becoming legal is a process, but it's worth it.
Based on everything my corporation did for you do you think the money saved by having my corporation do it was worth it? How much do you think you saved? And is it necessary to have an accountant because like I said it does not sound like I am as big as your company.
48" Exmark Metro WB
Stihl Blower
Stihl Straight Shaft Trimmer
Toro 21" Push Mower
10 ft. Landscaping Trailer

Page generated in 0.04555 seconds with 7 queries