Originally Posted by avguy
We didn't till the soil as it was too large of an area for me. After removing the old grass we went over the area with a rockhound & then a harley rake. The front lawn at the beginning of this thread was completely tilled & the existing grass/weeds were just buried. That worked as well. Thanks for the comments!
Ahh, I see, was just too much for the little tractor and tiller, gotcha. I have around 4 acres here and when I built the house I "attempted" seeding bermuda on an area around the house probably about an acre in size. But I didn't have anywhere near as good results as what you got. I keep telling myself that I'm going to redo it and do it right this time, but I haven't yet.