View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Once again Kiril shows his I hate Texas side. This from the same guy who defended a left wing California professor that used incorrect data to claim turf added to climate warming.
WTF are you talking about?

I gave you the link to the book because you believe anything that comes out of TAMU is gospel ..... therefore you must support the climate change consensus as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Texas A&M did the study over three years. I took a course from the two authors of this report. I'm not going to waste my time arguing minutiae when I have full faith in the methods and accuracy of the report. I hope others will take the time to read the report to see its results and realize how inconsequential Kiril's comments are to the discussion.
First off .... the study is currently in it's fourth year.

Second, the quote I provided from the authors demonstrates why you can't compare the controllers against each other in this report.

Third, all of these controllers can be tweaked to produce better results .... hence the need to see the specific details of how the controllers were programmed. Why are these details not included in an appendix?

Fourth, bench testing against virtual landscapes has inherent drawbacks and the values chosen for these virtual landscapes are subject to question.

Fifth, the study parameters and methodology has not been consistent throughout.

Finally, given water conservation is the goal here, and inadequate irrigation was the predominant result in the most recent summary report .... I would say the majority of the controllers are doing their job ..... conserving water.

Oh ... and btw .... based on your high praise and recommendation of the WMSL I installed quite a few of these controllers ..... and have subsequently lost well over $1000 in warranty work troubleshooting and replacing those controllers. So what does that leave me (and everyone else) with? Your recommendations and opinions with regard to controllers and subsequently anything related to irrigation management are worthless.

Page generated in 0.04779 seconds with 7 queries