View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLight View Post
I always hear the "longer run times needed" for mp's vs standard rotors and I still don't get this. Every performance chart I have ever seen says the MP is a close equivalent per radius @ 40 psi to a RB Standard angle 4.0 and a Hunter (red nozzle) 7. Those are both fairly high distribution rate nozzles for residential apps and the MP is about on the same precip rate as both (roughly .4 inches per hour).

I will agree, that I believe you have to over spray edges a bit with mps as they put out a bit of a false radius as they open up and die off.
The edges are irritating! To pass an inspection nothing can land on hardscapes, but to get good coverage throughout the throw you have to spray on the hardscape.

Kiril- I am doubting your real world knowlege. Just because it says so in the books, doesnt mean it is so in practice. When you are using the single stream they put down water much faster in the area that the water is landing. Meaning when your using a #7 in a pgp you are putting 3.5 gpm in one stream. With the MPR 3000 you are spreading the 3.14 gpm over many different streams.

Although the book may say different we consistantly have to run MPR's 4-6 min longer to get the same result out of a PGP, 5004, i-20 etc. What I mean by the same result is, green grass.

Page generated in 0.04054 seconds with 7 queries