No, it will take 2-3 applications here and then you may still have the occasional sprig pop up. Here is my method.
- Water and fertilize, get it very tall lots of foliage to absorb the glyphos
- 2 weeks later spray glyphos, two days later resume water schedule 3 times a week put down 1/2 to 3/4 inch per cycle.
- 2 weeks after that another application of glyphos, to any green that pops up. Two days later resume water schedule 3 times a week.
- One week later scalp and verticut and fertilize and continue water cycle
- Wait 2 more weeks and spray anything green that pops up
That should do it, I just use 21-0-0 to fertilize. That should exhaust the starches in the root system and any thatch, besides the mechanical removal of thatch with the verti cutter.