View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
I'm using Field One. It runs as a Windows service on an SQL server so you only have to open a couple of ports on the firewall and you can have secure remote access anywhere you have an Internet connection. I have laptops in the vans with 3G cards so the schedule stays real time for the office and the techs. If the office adds a call, it shows up right away, techs do invoicing and billing (including processing credit cards) on site and tech status is always current so the office knows what's going on. It also integrates with QB if you want it to but I don't use that feature of it. I believe they have both purchase and monthly leasing options, we just bought it though.

http://www.fieldone.com/screenshots/
I love your setup.
My boss is soo damn busy but he claims we will set this up this winter, cept we will use our phones as hotspots.

Right now we have a win 2008 server using mysql database and our program is based off microsoft access which gives you the ability to program your own program. Each night my boss grabs the laptops from the trucks and syncs them to the database, then sets them back out for our route the next day.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 7 queries