View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Insurance Situation (Equipment Insurance)

Hi,
This is my first time posting on this site. I have a 2001 Bobcat model 863 that has 610 easy hours on it. It was essentially a beautiful, strong machine that was housed indoors for the first eight years of it's life. A few months ago, I took it to a service station and the attendant, who let me know it was not a self serve station, put gasoline in it instead of diesel. I had a $100,000.00 equipment insurance policy it appears that having insurance is great until you actually need it. More on topic, I ran it for 15/20 minutes and shut it down, as it was running rough. My friend who is a master diesel mechanic had just that morning, replaced a fuel line for me and insisted that I get fuel before going to the job site. I did and when it was running rough, I thought it may have been air in the system that had to work it's way out. After the 20 minutes, I shut it down and left it alone for the day. When that afternoon I started it back up again and I could smell the burnt scent of gasoline. I immediately shut the machine down and deciphered what had happened. A local Bobcat dealer changed the filters and drained the fuel, ignition coils, and the injector pump. It has been said that it is running alright and that there is still a smell of diesel in the oil chamber. I am leary of taking the machine back as I know that diesel washes all of the lubricating qualities of the diesel off of the engine. There is no way to tell the level of damage as far as I know. Has anyone delt with anything like this before. I appreciate any feedback, as I feel as though I am getting the short end of the stick. Thank you.

Page generated in 0.04601 seconds with 7 queries