View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
I'm no engineer either but there's a much bigger overall picture here being that you have to in vision theses mowers of ours as automobiles and that frictional Hp loses are going to occur through the drive train,(these loses simple aren't unavoidable),which in our case would be the belts,deck and the blades would represent the differential. Having dragged raced for several years,I can tell you for a fact that going from a 8 3/4 rear end to 9 3/4 ,that gained masses from the drive gear and pinion gear required more HP to turn at all given RPMs over the lighter 8 3/4 unit. You simply can't have you cake and eat it to when converting over to the G6 blades,you're going to lose something regardless what HP your mowers packing.You just need more HP to sustain the same or higher blade speeds with the G6s on smaller engine displacements is what I'm trying to say.
If you'll do a search on the Meg Mo system,members who tried converting over notice a drop in power to sustain the exact blade speed. I'm in no way knocking the G6s and I just want a lighter blade
This might be a little radical but do you think drilling holes in the blade would lighten them enough and still be safe to use?

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 7 queries