View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

OrganicsMaine, that is a great question.

Our lawns are failing. Customers are picking weeds by hand once the lawn care operator leaves. We deal with grubs by reseeding, we deal with chinch bugs by reseeding, crabgrass is the new green. Im talking about all the companies here.

Do you really think that if organics or lets say alterative options worked I would be saying this stuff, do you not think that some of the less dumb or stubborn people in Ontario would be adapting and braging if this stuff was true?

Do you wonder why a guy like ECOGUY would start a thread titles "am i a sellout"?
Do you wonder why the OP started this thread?

I want to see the guys in this forum show me the solution. But you can't, its always an excuse or story.

How about the line "it takes 3 years to get your lawn off drugs."
or
"You can get cancer using pesticides"

The suppliers in this forum have a new revolutionary Organic replacement product to promote every month, why?

Show me an organic Sod producer and I will believe.

Chip osborne wants more than $100,000 per year to control weeds in a municipal setting

He resorts to Goats and bugs that eat thistle.

Many here know more than the Univeristy Extensions in this Sub Forum when it comes to Organic results for lawns. Explain that to me.

You want Green, it is possible with Organic Products, they are great in drought conditions when synthetics are not. But weed control is not likely, Weed reduction may be.

You want to know what the activists in Ontario say now that weeds are an every day fact of life here, "whats wrong with edible dandelion, they are pretty and means the soil is healthier". "Clover is nice in the lawn"

Like I said, SHOW ME ORGANIC SOD.

The best option for an organic lawn is to move away from grass seed.
"why would you waste your time growing grass"

This is something guys that know about soil health will tell you.

Apart from the detrators of possible soil health and microbial activity, I do think that a Bridge type program would be a great option if your client wants a weed free lawn.

OrganicsMaine Now lets hear your 100% Organic program, I want to try it.
But I am calling BS. If it works I will come back and admit it.

Page generated in 0.04901 seconds with 7 queries