it all depends
Some initial decisions need to be made on the desired quality of the end result.
1. does the current turf cover justify selective weed control or should a total kill such as round up be used?
2. Are there more high areas or more low areas? is selective cut and fill effective or should the entire field be tilled and regraded?
A sure fire successful strategy is to:
1. cultivate entire field to a depth of 6"
2. Laser grade to achieve positive surface drainage
3. Lime and fertilizer based on soil test
4. seed with desired blend
5. mulch to protect seed and retain moisture
I'd be happy to spend the winter helping you. No salary required, just pay my expenses.