View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I have to say that I am totally freakin impressed. I have to ask you a couple of questions though...How are you able to apply at that low of a rate and get an even app(It would have to be some type of controlled mist)? Is that what you have on the front of your mower there? It seems like that would have to be an extremely concentrated mix to give and hold that much color. Do you not cause any burn,tip or otherwise? Last but not least, where do you get a mix that concentrated at such a low price???Do tell.........I am all ears.
Growers Mineral Solution has been around for nearly 60 years, first developed for use in hydroponics and used in the Ag industry for years. My father was a dealer rep for them when we farmed using it on all our crops and pastures. When i started my business i did'nt like the prices i was seeing for dry fertilizers and remembered Growers and went from there.

It must be applied in as fine of mist as possible... thus the shielded sprayer.

It can be applied without the shielded sprayer but we have lots of wind so I prefer to keep it on target.

It can burn if applied @ temps over 80 degrees and low humidity. Ideally you want humidity over 60%.

I use teejet XR100015 tips @ 40psi.

There is no iron or chelates added the only other step I did not mention is Calcium applied @ 10lbs per K in the form of Gypsum or Calcitic Lime.

Foliar applied fertilizers do nothing to amend the soil, so soil fertility is key.

That particular field tested around 3000lbs of Calcium per acre with only 2% available.

I'm a sales rep for them but sell very little because i'm too busy using it. Send me a PM and i'll get you connected.

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 7 queries