View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999frontier View Post
Awesome work!! I've been trying to decide whether or not to keep trying fescue or go with bermuda since I've got a few patches now. What height are you cutting your bermuda? If I decide on bermuda I think I may seed some annual ryegrass for this winter until I can seed bermuda in the spring.
I'm no expert, but your weather over there in NC is pretty much the same as ours is here in East Tennessee.......hot & dry. Before I started my renovation my intention was to replace the bermuda/weed mix I had for some type of cool season grass but after some contemplation ( and watching the existing pretty much die from lack of irrigation) I decided on the bermuda.....and boy am I glad I did. We got .2 inches of rain here the entire months of July & August. I watched pretty much most of the lawns in my area just wither up & die. My lawn was so green my neighbor asked if I was watering.

I started out the season cutting at 2" & slowly raised the height to about 3 1/2. I fed it every month & cut every 3 days. Sometimes my work schedule wouldn't allow me to cut when I needed so I would raise the deck up so I wasn't cutting more than a 1/3 of the blade.

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 7 queries