View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Echo PAS-265 and edger usage?

I was planing on purchasing an Echo PAS-265 (now PAS-266) for residential use a couple of times a week. I want to get the string trimmer, edger and chain saw pruner. The edger and pruner will only be used occasionally. My main use for the edger will be for maintaining the edges of flower beds. Will this work well for that purpose? Or is edger really only meant to edge sidewalks and a bed redefiner should be used for flower beds? I'm using an old string trimmer to edge flower beds now, which is slow and messy.

I don't want to purchase separate machines due to the cost. The extra weight of the PAS-265 doesn't bother me since I'm a big guy and won't be using it for long stretches. I selected the Echo brand because of the great dealer support which is close to my location.

Still undecided if I should get the Pro-Torque Trimmer Attachment or the Standard Trimmer Attachment. From what I can tell the Pro-Torque spins slower using some gear reduction; therefore providing more torque. I do need to cut down some tall grass once a year in late spring, but for most of the season, I just need to use it on normal height grass. Any thoughts?

Page generated in 0.03935 seconds with 7 queries