View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwost View Post
Well, I'm kinda bummed. This baby went together in under an hour! I was hoping for a night of beers in my barn working on this! Not sure Jim, but maybe they changed some items to make it easier. I have to say, I'm extremely impressed on what I've found so far. I will try and give a detailed description to help others out that may be interested in something like this. I was torn between this and the DR. Did a bunch of research and don't think one can go wrong with either unit. They both have their pro's and cons. The big difference (positive) going for the DR was the ability to chip up to 3" branches and also having the hard enclosure apparently creates much less dust. In the end and what made the decision for me was the ability to store the CR flat. I didn't want to have another large piece of equipment sitting in my barn when not in use. This and also the fact that it totaled out about 500 less than the top of the line DR unit. Here is waht I purchased.

Z10 Vac w/10hp Briggs Vangard
Dual wheel kit
Special hitch w/2" receiver
Mower deck adapter
32' estate vac
roof carrier (for vac hose transport)
Wall mount kit

Total shipped was $2,700 and change

The company has been great to deal with. I submitted my order online and they promptly called a couple hours later to confirm the order and take my payment. (you can't do this online as they customize the order (mower deck adapter and intake hose length) to the machine it will be going on. After a few questions she had my order complete and it shipped out about a week later.

So the unit showed up yesterday in 10 separate boxes. This would work out quite well for the homeowner that doesn't have the equipment to unload a large shipment. I ended up meeting the driver at the end of my driveway with my tractor and bucket forks to make the offload much easier. Here is what I had to start with.

As I started unpacking everything I realized they did some neat things to make the assembly a snap. First off all the boxes are marked with the contents and also a picture of what is in the box. Super simple to pull out the instruction (clearly marked on the outside of the box) and get started. They actually provide an owners "kit" that comes complete with the instruction manual, a very nice tool set with pretty much every tool needed to assemble the unit, safety goggles, an instruction DVD, and ear plugs. The instructions are housed in a small 3 ring binder that also has complete part diagrams with part numbers and the general assembly instructions. Very professional. They were very straight forward and simple to follow. As stated, the whole process of assembly took about 45 minutes.

I just ran home a lunch and filled the oil/gas and fired it up. Started on the first pull and let me tell you, this thing sucks harder than Pam Anderson on crack. Unfortunately my deck adapter shipped separately and will not be here till tomorrow but this should give you an idea on the setup. Enjoy and I'll be sure to report back on how it performs once the leaves start falling!

Great pics. Looking at this and the DR as well. I am looking for something to pick up loblolly and long leaf pine cones. Probably have mostly hard woods where you live. Thanks for sharing your experience and pics.

Page generated in 0.04889 seconds with 7 queries