View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Check this out. A BUSINESS IS A JOB AND A JOB CAN BECOME A BUSINESS; WITH AN EDUCATION.

CHECK OUT THIS WEB SITE, AND THE JOB PERCENTAGE OF NO HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION THROUGH A BACHELORS? YOU DO THE MATH.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t04.htm

NOW I MAY BE ONE SIDED SEEING THAT I A TEACHER IN A HIGH SCHOOL AND RUN A FULL TIME LANDSCAPING BUSINESS. HOWEVER, AN EDUCATION WILL OPEN MORE DOORS IN THE LONG RUN. SAVE MOST OF YOUR MONEY FOR AN EDUCATION AND SPEND SOME ON GIRLS AND CARS WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH, THAN BEER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&T View Post
best thing to do is stay in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree. Who do you think many of those lowballers are? College grads who can't find work or those that had a good job then got laid off. You are way ahead of the game working and earning money right after high school instead of partying four years in some diploma mill, getting yourself $200K in debt then not finding work.

Don't get me started on how 50% of kids do not belong in college. If you don't have a clear goal and an excellent chance of employment upon graduation in your field when you enter a college you don't belong there.

On of the reasons this country is in the mess it's in is because of thinking like yours. We have a generation whose parents, mostly hard workers like ourselves back in the 50's, wanted a "better life" for their kids. So every kid had to have a college education and the result was they don't want to get their hands dirty, have an attitude towards those who do and feel entitled to as much money as possible.

Being in the trades or doing manual work today is considered a stigma and so our workforce is rapidly declining as we retire and our sons or daughters aren't taking our places as they once did. So we are inundated with illegals "doing the work nobody wants to do".

There's the rest of your lowballers.

Last edited by land_scaper70; 09-22-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Page generated in 0.04334 seconds with 7 queries