View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The irrigation system should be put in and tell them of your intention of covering the ground with 2 inches of compost so that they can leave the sprinkler hads a little high... Remember that compost wil eventually break down and won't be 2" any more, but then the grass will also raise the soil's baseline...
We aerate over irrigation systems all the time, just 'flag' the heads and valve covers and avoid them...
I would first install irrigation, aerate with several to many passes, bring in the compost and settle it in around the irrigation heads, broadcast the seed , lightly rake it in while making as few footprints as possible and soak it down, until you're sure that the top 4" inches is saturated...
I never roll seed , but because you have so much compost, once the seed has germinated and grows large enough to dry out some, you might want to fix your footprints and other depressions with a roller then... never roll 'wet' soil/compost...

Page generated in 0.03667 seconds with 7 queries