View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
... Potassium, K develops vascular flow, which is important for flowering, stem strength, vigor, disease resistance and overall hardiness. But most important is root development for drought stress resistance. Potassium fully Mobile systemically in the plant. Potassium leaches readily from the soil. I personally like to use potassium on a one to one ratio with nitrogen. However it is a more expensive fertilizer.

Potassium Deficiencies, first yellowing between veins of older leaves with yellow specks in the veins. Leaves then turn brown on the out side margin.

From past Experience I have found the TG/CL type operation Will pass on the application of Potassium because it shows no visible response immediately. Potassium is a Luxury Element or nutrient that plants readily up take all that is available. It seem to me only those with some understanding of Agronomy will spend the money to give the Customer a Really True and complete nutrient application. Of course when drought occur the Complete nutrient package now shows a visible response because those lawns stay greener longer because of the Root EXTENTION cause by Potassium.

Good description of K use, and up here it is a necessary winterizer for all plants because it is the main ingredient for the "anti-freeze" of the plants...

Page generated in 0.04337 seconds with 7 queries