View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Good description of K use, and up here it is a necessary winterizer for all plants because it is the main ingredient for the "anti-freeze" of the plants...
Smallaxe

I am sure your Midwest soil need Potassium as does our Sandy Crap they call soil here in Coastal Florida. The thing is, Corporate American in their quest for super profits and no moral responsibility, love the High Profits of 6 N to 1 K ratio. The general public and even some 30 year veteran Yard Boys don't have a clue. They Blindly follow the Propaganda. Fact is many Fert & Squirt Company wouldn't know what to put out if their Chemical sales didn't have a ring in their nose and dragged them to the most profitable program FOR THE CHEMICAL COMPANY.

BTW Older Members will recognize part of my Potassium post as a C & P from my old Website I had to take down after being sued by Lawn Doctor. After 6 years I plan to put that information back up on a different domain name. I wrote it when I was still teaching in a Golf Course Management program Part time at our local College. I am afraid I get very up set with the Idiots who do half Ass-ed work and have no understanding of the Principles of Best Management Practices. They are Re-active not pro-active and come to Lawnsite wondering why their lawns are yellow have weeds and Grubs.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03570 seconds with 7 queries