Thread: WM Nitro
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Spinning out a valve from within the box was never a priority on any install I ever saw, even before I undertook install work myself. If it were, we would all be using male-end valves and union fittings.

Obviously, there is a high degree of trust in the valve bodies not needing to be replaced {knock wood }
WET

My degree of trust in the valves is not the concern. As I said in my first post we change out the guts 99% of the time. But I Don't trust the landscapers Skid Steer steer or truck etc that does mechanical damage. They might pay for repair, but the time to redo it is Huge. Oh sure you have your valve in a safe place in fact so safe they are planting a tree beside it. What about Freeze heave??

Our Florida Sand is soft but it never freezes or shifts because of freezing. I have had the Nightmare of rebuilding manifolds so I always designed them a little more spread out. I never liked to run a main line and spread the Valve out all over the yard where they where hard to find even with my 521 or a clicker.

Sorry I don't agree with your work or your Liberal politics.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03805 seconds with 7 queries