View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Plant

I have had the Aquatic certification for a while now. Yep our fine bureaucratic system requires a College degree to kill dandelions but any one can do Aquatic weed kill without a license. However most HOA and commercial business want to see a certification. Also to get the Permits you need for larger lakes you must be certified. To be honest the test is so easy and good for 4 years that I retest instead of getting the CEU. And in a ROW certification and there is a nice Niche market. Add in a L&O and GHP for Ants and that is the market I am after. BTW I am also Licensed Nuances Wildlife Trapper and I offer Cotton Mouth removal from ponds.

The reason for posting was to ask about Estimating large Lakes. I took the shot gun approach and ask every where. I found 3 different Aquatic People who were willing to help me for free and over the Phone. All 3 gave the same answer and from 3 different parts of the state. The one guy was in fact already doing the HOA Lakes I wanted to bid on. I promised not to bid them and he was kind enough to help me. I can break the trust of this person he is now my go to guy.

There is money Aquatic work. But to do any real size contracts the State requires a ton of Paper work before issuing a permit. This process has become increasingly harder. Up to a couple of years ago I could get Permits on line by filling out forms and then printing my Permit. Today it is an act of congress and a waiting period while a State FWC official come out and inspects the site. All kinds of Graphs and Maps must also be provided.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04707 seconds with 7 queries