View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Today I thoroughly cleaned an Echo MS-50 Backpack sprayer with a T-jet 8003 tip on the wand. I then proceeded with a jar test for water compatibility with the GMS product. The recommended rate for turf is 2 gal/acre(5.87oz/k). I added .75oz to 16oz of water in a jar and the mixture remained clearso I didn't need to add vinegar to correct for water hardness. I poured this into the backpack, added 2.25oz more of GMS and added 48oz more water to the mix. I measured 500 sq ft to spray using the 3oz product called for. It worked out perfect. I blanket apped this area and ran out of mix as I reached the end of the area. 1/2 gal finished mix/ 500ft sq. Prior to spraying I mowed this area at a 3 inch height. I took pictures of this area and will take pictures again for comparison. I am interested to see how this product works on warm season turf, especially turf that is headed into dormancy soon.
Thanks for all your help

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 7 queries