View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear View Post
Hi,
As far as you record keeping is concerned, there seems to be many programs available. But I have to say I think we are going to first try PayPal. If you visit their site they have a merchant section that seems an ideal way to invoice and get paid all via email and a couple of clicks of the mouse. There is no fee to set up your account and you can use them as your business account receiving customer credit card or check payments (your customers donít have to have a PayPal account to send you payments) PayPal can give you a debit card associated with that account which you can make your business expense purchases from, keeping what comes in and what goes out easily determined using their many report options you can run at any time from their site. I donít know if you have a smart phone but if so they have an APP that allows you to keep up with your account on the Go. The way they make their money is by charging a percentage of what you change your customer. I believe the percentage goes from 1.9%-2.9% plus 0.30 cents per transaction. You may find this to expensive but I feel it is worth the convenience and clean automation of the account process. Hope this helps. Have a great day, be safe and God Bless
If you have an iPhone or phone with Android, you can get a free credit card reader from www.squareup.com and they charge a 3% transaction fee. You can download all your transactions as a spreadsheet, as well as send email/text message receipts, with an attached image.

And as far as the licensing, go legal if possible, but call around the different cities, and call the counties, and see what the rules are. Here, in my county, as long as I am operating outside of city limit, I don't need any kind of license. But if I am inside a city limit, technically I am supposed to have a license from that city. But, in the neighboring county, they require a license whether or not you are in city limits or not.

Page generated in 0.04650 seconds with 7 queries