View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
I looked at the Husqvarna 580 BFS today. Man that thing is huge. I like that it has a hip strap and the tubes are gigantic and it comes with 2 tips, the rounded one and the fluted one. The straps don't look like they're very well padded compared to most other's I've seen, which is kind of surprising since this thing weighs nearly 30 pounds. So if this one of the Redmax blowers? If so what model? I can't find any reviews of it anywhere. I know it replaced the 380, but what are the differences, if any? I was leaning toward the Shindaiwa EB 802 but this thing got my attention. I have 2 older EB 630s that still run fine but I'm looking for one blower that just has pure brute force for those tough cleanup condtions.
Husky owns Redmax.

The 580 is the exact same blower as the RM 8500. When I demo'd the big BP's a while back, the 8500 didn't do anything the Echo 770 and Stihl BR600 wouldn't do, and in fact seemed to do slightly less. As I mentioned in that review, all who were watching thought the same thing.

You may be right that the 8500 needs a good breaking in period, but then so do the other two, to reach peak performance. I was really impressed with the 770, as I am with my 600M, but I still would like to try one of the 8500/580's for a season. The weight difference is very noticeable, and the extra bulk even more so when comparing the 8500/580's to the other two as well, but only a full season would tell the full story.

I can get the Husky for a lot less than the 8500, so if I decide to go for it, the Husky is what I'll buy.

Page generated in 0.04280 seconds with 7 queries