View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbieB View Post
I wouldn't attempt to start it up this year. Leaf season is over, and you can get equiptment cheaper in the winter. But for the most part I understand that these companies have opperating cost, it's not like I'm trying to put people under. I just don't think that 2-3 guys and a leaf truck is worth 500-600. I could offer the service for less, and there's still plenty of work for everyone. And most of these "legit" companies are unreliable. There never on time and always do an ok job, not all but most. There still are alot of people that do their own cutting but can't handle the volume of leaves in the fall and that's where I come in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Problem is, you don't have regular lawn customers, which means anyone that calls you will wait till the last leaf falls then want a fall clean-up. Between the limited daylight, and the amount of leaves to deal with, you will have to hire some help.

I mulch leaves in the fall for customers over 2-6 visits depending on how wooded their lot is, instead of collection and removal. But I'm only able to do that because I have regular customers and can schedule leaf mulching visits. There would be far too many leaves to mulch at once if my customers wanted it done all in one shot at the end of the season.

With your business plan you only have one option-leaf collection and removal plus most people who would want that done already have a lawn service and will ask them first to do leaf clean-up- not look in the paper or phone book for someone else to do it for them.

Page generated in 0.04828 seconds with 7 queries