View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
Just read through the whole thread. Another ground cover that loves the shade area and around trees is Vinca Minor (Periwinkle). Old Georgetown has it planted in many of the sidewalk area between the streets. It is a dark green and kept trimmed. It just does not do well in full sun like the legumes that Ric mentioned.
Roy

I am still not happy with any of the shady tolerant covers. Wededia works but is on the Noxious exotic list. The problem with Periwinkle and most shady lovers is, NO over the top Herbicide. I am real spoiled with Legumes because of Over The Top Herbicides that release it or those Herbicide that control it in Turf. Agriculture is the Big buck spenders and Chemical Companies have developed several Herbicides just for Legumes. Of course I do not want to take away from the Cultural Practise that Z turn out lined as control methods also. Any plantings can benefit from proper cultural & chemical practises.

Bottom Line is I am still looking for that Shady Loving ground cover that can be both released and controlled easily by different herbicides.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04172 seconds with 7 queries