View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontsayit_sprayit View Post
From what i understand, P is necessary for seedling development, but the challange is that its not very mobile. I recommend applying it after aeration so it physically is deeper in the ground and is accessible to the roots. Or if it is a bare area, roto-tilling it in. otherwise, ive read it could take weeks to months just to move a couple inches into the soil.
Seed will geminate and grow in sand or vermiculite or a paper towel, as long as the temp is right and enough water... P is bound in the soils of the world and it is not likely that your lawn needs more P... What is needed is help extracting the bound up P that is there... and that is your AM Fungi...

One of the thing wrong with apply P to new seed is that a fresh app of P tends to 'inactivate' AM Fungi thereby delaying the natural process ofthe plant's survival...

That would be an interestting experiment to see about... 1 plot with starter, 2nd w/out, and a 3rd plot with delayed app of starter...

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 7 queries