Thread: Weeds and Beds
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
You Da Man! Now tell him about the BPM course and how he can get a fert ap license for the lawns and really cash in!
Better yet when he completes his limited - he can take the BMP and have all his CEU's completed for the next year too.

I personally have found that lawn fert is not a great seller for me as the value is not there for the customer as compared to a L & O company who can provide the complete package legally. Now that is not to say there is not money to be made as there is ...but the value is not there for the client.

You can however upsell them on soil corrections - a quality soil test can show what is missing. You of course can add this back and some people are willing to pay for this service once you show them the results of the test...however the issue I have with this is that most are missing B and some are missing Cu both of which I have not found a suitable product to deliver through a granular formula - only foliar spray - which is a time consuming application with a backpack sprayer and also both of this minors in this form have high burn potential - so to be careful I ended up doing with the irrigation system running to lessen the burn potential. You combine the time and the charge that comes with it to apply this way...this is a ninche market but one that still does exist. Combine that with the price of Tech Mag per a bag last year and has become a expensive one..and again not for everyone.

Now back to the fertilization - team up with a small L & O company - let them know the shrubs are yours.....they are happy they get the lawn - you are happy with the money you are making the extra bread on the shrub care programs....the L & O operator can be your mentor and teach you things he sees if he is willing to while on a shared a property. The end result you are getting a piece of the pie - although it is not the whole pie - it is better than nothing.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.04576 seconds with 7 queries