View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I wish I'd sprayed mine when you did or even earlier. We had a couple nights of light frosts at least a week ago. This area where I applied is primarily an eastern exposure and was somewhat protected but lawns I service around here already have exposed areas with the "squiglies" that form from the frost settling in lower pockets in the bermuda. I've gotten calls from customers who thought they had worms I'm expecting at least one of those calls any time now Long story short, I didn't see much in the way of results. My fault. I waited and shouldn't have. So you are pleased with the results of the GMS??? You applied half the rate of GMS I did with almost 50% more carrier?? What type of turf do you have? I am central Arkansas I believe I was told the analysis on it was 10-20-10. I was thinking a chelated micromix might do well with it especially in light of what Ric has posted. Your thoughts on this?? I am eager to experiment with actively growing turf.
One more thought, I would put out GMS at .33 per thousand from my Z this spring. If I mixed Chelated micomix it calls for 2gal per thousand how would it do if applied at .33 any ideas? To my understanding and that's not saying much part of the Chelated is a direct foliage feed but what about the other parts of it. GMS is to get sprayed below 80 and with the dew still on the ground so would that also help in the breaking down of the Chelated. This is going to be trial and error to some degree. I will start on my lawn first and three others, that I maintain on a weekly basis all Bermuda.

Training them early

Page generated in 0.03370 seconds with 7 queries