View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillerstick View Post
Ric,

On your selection of rye. You may want to try an intermediate rye. It grows a little taller than the perennial, so it is better seen over taller established turf. It is also a lot less expensive per pound. Make sure to get a good clean variety such as Froghair, or Lesco's Midway. Want to make sure that weed seed is not in the bag.

Rye is also a water hog, so if there are still major watering restrictions in FL, be careful.
Tillerstick (Sail Boater??)

Thanks for the education. I never heard of intermediate rye.

The problem here is the customer is getting his seed from a golf course. A lot of it is last years seed that wasn't used. Wedding are super expensive and he is trying to cut costs as much as possible. I have a bunch of Brass impact sprinklers from my old nursery that can be hooked up by hoses. The customer has a well so Watering costs and restrictions are no problem since he has 5 acres agriculture zoned. However Fertilizer costs are a major concern as is any money he must take out of his pocket. After this guy contacted from a Networking lead, I found out I was friends with his older brother way back in the day. Therefore He is getting special pricing or friendship deal.

BTW I already burned off the existing weeds so there should be very little competition. There shouldn't be a need for a Higher growing rye.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04082 seconds with 7 queries