View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantculture View Post
Ric,
Be careful with using old seed. I put some out 2 weeks ago at my house, it rained for 3 days straight and got no germination.
Plant

This is a learning Experience for me. We are far enough South that Over Seeding is not real popular.

The customer is getting all the seed for free from the Golf Course. I really don't have a say in what he uses. My part was Killing out the weeds, Fire Ants and two Feral Bee colonies. Fl Landscape is doing the slit seeding but the customer is supplying the seed and what every fertilizer is used. The game plan is to use the new seed on the Party area and the old seed else where until used up. We are waiting for the Golf Course to finish doing their over seeding before getting the leftover seed.

The Customer has a Shooting Range and part of our deal for doing the work at cost is the right to target shoot any Sunday. I sighted in my old 22's and Fl Landscape shot his new 9 MM that is very actuate.

Kevin

Many Years ago I had a Flying Dutchman. It is one of the most complicated One design Sail Boats ever made. I could adjust the Genoa Cunningham or any number of sail tweaking while hiking port or starboard. My boat weighted 265 pounds and had 395 sq ft of sail with the Chute up. I never mastered the art of sailing, but enjoyed it for many, many years. The Olympics dropped the Flying Dutchman in favor of the 505 and I believe the Dutchman is not real popular any more.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03637 seconds with 7 queries