View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stand By for pure analysis of productivity in a few weeks. Once I finish the outdoor season i will analyze how productive I am on the same properties I did last year with a push spreader, as well as comparing how much productivity I can have on the large properties I have never been competitive on. I know by far my body was saved substantial stress this season and I could do a lot more in a day (albeit with the expense of a $9000 machine). I also know I could fertilizer and spray a lawn of 45,000 sq. ft. in about 20 minutes for each process. This would have taken me 40-45 minutes just to fertilize and add in the spraying time (which for me was done as a spot spray as opposed to hose reel) of at least 40-45 minutes and I basically doubled my productivity. The only thing is I still spot sprayed most properties as a way to reduce the pesticides applied. I have reserved the wall to wall applications for only the worst of the worst situations. This is a personal and professional decision to operate this way and I tell my customers that we aim to reduce the amount of pesticide use by spot spraying if at all possible, so they know I may cost more, but I am safer for their pets and themselves as compared to most lawn care companies.

I will be back on this thread in a few weeks when i have the time to analyze all my data.

As for the machine . . . no problems in year 1 at all. I hope that continues through next year! Oh and for those wondering about how it operates on hills . . . it did just fine in most circumstances, but the occasional small spot might need to be spot sprayed to avoid spinning the tires. It literally was only an issue on 2 or 3 properties and the area was so small it didn't really affect the productivity, but then again those areas would also be unmanageable by a riding zero turn, so you should expect to have situations like that from time to time.

We do landscape design, plants sales and delivery, full season landscape maintenance, mulch applications, edging installation, landscape bed installation, one time landscape renovations, spring and fall cleanups, and lawn maintenance division including mowing, fertility/weed control programs, and agronomics services.

Mike and Loriena Harrington

http://www.beautifulbloomslandscape.com

Page generated in 0.04139 seconds with 7 queries